Tuesday, March 4, 2008

confessions of a procrastinator - a victim(perpetrator?)'s account of his last month

For a fresh,new-on the-blocks blogger who is ,even from an objective point of view i like to think, yes, not entirely dim-witted *, more than a month between the second post and the third is a little on the longer side i must say, especially since, and i let you in on this, this guy was known to have made a statement sometime after his disastrous first venture into blogsphere that he'd be "blogging, like, daily once he got his comp..."

In my defence i must say I was thinking on-and-off about blogging all last month and even wrote down a few topics I thought I should write on …but there just wasn’t the time…….nah ,who exactly am I kidding?, we all know what has really happened when “there just wasn’t time”…


There are phases in life when you just have so much to do that you end up getting busier than you can handle just cribbing about the injustice of it all...and guess who was the last victim....during the last month i have surprised myself by doing, remarkably, nothing at all I can remember.... whereas with quizzes and all i REALLY should have been REALLY busy…(. These Really-should-be things are getting too predictable these days ..think about it...when was the last time one actually happened…)

Anyway so i just thought maybe I’d DO something today and post my third blog….

Yeah that was what this was all about…

So long..

Maybe I’ll be quicker on my fourth …………and then again maybe I won’t…

yours sincerely,
maybe later,

dinesh jayaraman






Nah.. this is just too short ..doesn’t go well with the first two….

So I am gonna fill up some space and you are invited to rummage through the junk…….

Ah yes ,this will do nicely…..and as a bonus it even goes with what i have been talking about up until now..

a “reminders” folder on my desktop (placed right next to Ash , calculated to be the most probable place that I’d notice it in) contains my daily to-do-list text files ,which bear grave testimony to the magnitude of my inactivity. Here’s a sample:

19-2-2008 reminders:

-------->Griffith’s - vector potential

->Feynman’s lectures

->organic chemistry—revise jee fundaes**

->ED fundaes..

->piskunov – post quiz confusion…

That’s not so bad at all, in fact positively workaholic you say, and I say to you, oh yes it is so bad and will you please take a look at my reminders for 2 weeks later

2-3-2008 reminders:

Order of priority:

Griffiths >org chem jee fundaes>math- post first quiz> ED concepts>>>>> workshop notes

If you are really into puzzles and that kinda thing, then and ONLY then go on and try to spot six differences between the two.

That sorta sums it all up.. if you are thinking hey that’s no big deal, there was this time when I ………..(fill it up yourself) then i apologise for my inefficient inefficiency and assure you i am only relatively new to the game and can only get better at it.

Whoops I really got to go now…. Too much for the day already.

Why-do-i-get-the-feeling-nothinging-is-REALLY-my-calling

Dinesh jayaraman

Yours truly…...........…….no, seriously!

* open to argument

** source of enthu? a quiz performance I’d rather not talk about.





nah, not this time ...what are you scrolling down for? there's no more... and haven't you had enough of this yet?.........truly flattered!

5 comments:

Boneywasawarriorwayayix said...

"a “reminders” folder on my desktop (placed right next to Ash , calculated to be the most probable place that I’d notice it in) contains my daily to-do-list text files ,which bear grave testimony to the magnitude of my inactivity."

Good One :)

By the way, it is your blog, you need not apologise for not updating it regularly :)

jd said...

@arjun

alrite ,point taken, but i don't recall apologising in the first place..

??!!

thanks anyway..

Venkatesh G said...

well . . . buddy this is the first time i have read a post on some individual's inefficiency ... tat too the author himself on his inefficiency ..post is damn good . But one thing " Tat's no big deal " .. i keep things pending for years together ..

Waiting for your fourth post .. [:)]

Venkatesh G said...

Should'nt you be changing your template ???
Just a suggestion ..

jd said...

@venkatesh

anything you say sir.. just thought i'd experiment...the all-black template WAS getting boring...